Issue with upstream

António P. P. Almeida appa at perusio.net
Tue Nov 16 21:32:19 MSK 2010

On 16 Nov 2010 18h24 WET, mdounin at mdounin.ru wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 03:02:00PM +0000, Phil Bayfield wrote:
>
>> I had actually prefixed upstream and localhost 000 and everything
>> else 100 to force them to load in the correct order.  On 1
>> particular domain it would throw that error unless it was loaded
>> last, hence just giving it a prefix 101 solved the issue.  Bit
>> strange!
>
> Addition prefixes isn't going to do anything good as nginx doesn't
> sort included files (I assume you used something like "include
> /path/*.conf") and they are loaded in unspecified order (as
> filesystem returns them).
>
> You have to manually preserve correct order, i.e. use something
> like
>
> include /path/to/generic/includes/*.conf;
> include /path/to/virtual/hosts/*.conf;

Well that's interesting. I was under the (wrong) impression that in
fact it operated like in Apache. Where there's a 000-default vhost
config file in Debian that is a symlink created when enabling the
site.

I have a 000-default file that just returns a 444 when the Host header
doesn't match any of the server_name directives. I guess that I should
be loading that file explicitly before all other.

include /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/000-default
include /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/[a-z]*

Right?

Thanks,
--- appa