httpauth bug or my config mistake?

Jim Ohlstein jim at ohlste.in
Wed Nov 17 09:54:58 MSK 2010

On 11/17/10 1:37 AM, Edho P Arief wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 1:30 PM, maar3amt<nginx-forum at nginx.us>  wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> i try set up http auth in one of my domain sub-folder but  httpauth not
>> work properly.
>>
>> mys conf.
>>

>>             location /adm/ {
>>             auth_basic Restrito;
>>             auth_basic_user_file /var/www/tv/adm/.htpasswd;
>>             }
>>

>> Ii type http://mydomain.com/adm/ ask for credentials prompt but if type
>> http://mydomain.com/adm/index.php not show any credentials prompt and
>> protected page are printed.
>>
>> Thak's for any help
>>

> add
>

>              location /adm/.*\.php$ {
>              auth_basic Restrito;
>              auth_basic_user_file /var/www/tv/adm/.htpasswd;
>              <php config goes here>
>              }

An alternative is to do it all in one location:

location ^~ /adm/ {
    auth_basic Restrito;
    auth_basic_user_file /var/www/tv/adm/.htpasswd;
	location ~ \.php$ {

The "^~" forces that location to be checked for before regular
expressions. See http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpCoreModule#location.

--
Jim Ohlstein

Top posting because that's where the insertion point is, is like
shitting in your pants because that's where your asshole is.