Wha difference between HTTP_FILTER_MODULES and HTTP_AUX_FILTER_MODULES is it?

quan nexthop quan.nexthop at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 20:22:58 MSK 2010

Hi Maxim:

Thanks your response quickly.
I try to development a filter module(string filter for request body),
however, I found that
  1) use HTTP_FILTER_MODULES to register, the module works well
  2) use HTTP_AUX_FILTER_MODULES, it does not work.

I wonder why there is two different behavior for the MODULE_NAME;
I also check the config file of NGINX, there are several MODULE :

if [ $HTTP = YES ]; then
    modules="$modules $HTTP_MODULES $HTTP_FILTER_MODULES \
             $HTTP_HEADERS_FILTER_MODULE \
             $HTTP_AUX_FILTER_MODULES \
             $HTTP_COPY_FILTER_MODULE \
             $HTTP_RANGE_BODY_FILTER_MODULE \
             $HTTP_NOT_MODIFIED_FILTER_MODULE \
             $HTTP_UPSTREAM_CACHE_MODELE"

What does it mean and when should it be used ?

thanks
NextHop