nginx: worker process exited with fatal code 2 and cannot be respawn | eventfd() failed.

Eric Agbeli lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Nov 26 16:59:11 MSK 2010

Maxim Dounin wrote in post #963825:
> Hello!
>
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 11:53:48PM +0100, Eric A. wrote:
>

>> Hi Gena and Maxim,Thank you both for the  quick response.
>> Gena:
>> I must add that the application is hosted on a remote server which I do
>> not have control over. So updating to the latest CentOS is not an option
>> and if you think otherwise please let me know.
>> Maxim:
>> I would be glad if you can point me to resources on how I can recompile
>> nginx *without* --with-file-aio configure  since I am not an expect on
>> compiling nginx, and its looks like its my only option in this case.
>
> http://wiki.nginx.org/Install#Building_Nginx_From_Source
>
> Basic procedure is as usual:
>
> ./configure && make && make install
>
> Maxim Dounin

Hi in trying to recompile with the command -$./configure
--without-file-aio. I am faced with this error.

./configure: error: invalid option "--without-file-aio"

I alternatively compiled with the latest nginx source file(nginx-0.8.53)
without "--with-file-aio" configure option and it compiled ok. But after
reinstalling nginx on the system and running nginx i have the same error
existing in the error logs.