Nginx outbound HTTP_REFERER not working

jmadtech nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Oct 7 18:19:14 MSD 2010

Hey all,

I've got an interesting problem that I can't seem to trace.  On my site
(which is running Nginx 0.6.24), I have a link to a customer's external
URL.  When a user clicks that link and goes to the customer's site, the
HTTP_REFERER is not being passed in the header by Nginx.  I've verified
that the problem is not on their end by using the curl command and
manually passing a referrer... that shows up just fine on their end.

Is there a directive I need to enable (or one that has possibly disabled
it) that I can look at in my configs?

Thanks so much in advance!

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,138135,138135#msg-138135