Reverse proxy and html rewrite

Guzman Braso guzman.braso at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 18:20:29 MSD 2010

Sweet! Every day I love nginx more!

Do you know if it add too much load on it to check every returned html
content?

Whenever this module allow regular expressions (right now says there it
accepts only variables) and allow to redirect user on match to another page,
this would be a nice replacement for apache2 mod_security body parse
feature.

Thanks for the info, as I said I'm still a newbie with nginx :)

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 12:08 PM, António P. P. Almeida <appa at perusio.net>wrote:

> On 8 Out 2010 14h58 WEST, appa at perusio.net wrote:
>
> > On 8 Out 2010 12h56 WEST, nginx-forum at nginx.us wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> As far as I know body content rewriting it's not possible with
> >> nginx, I may be wrong, i'm a newbie with nginx.  What nginx
> >> supports is URL rewriting through HttpRewrite module and this has
> >> nothing to do with returned body content rewriting.
> >
> > It can: http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpSubModule
> >
> > And there's a third party module that does more elaborate
> > replacements:
> >
> > http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpSubModule
> http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpSubsModule
>
> --- appa