Nginx replacing body content

Duane Mulder duanemulder at rattyshack.ca
Tue Oct 19 02:18:59 MSD 2010

Hello all:

So I have been using nginx for a while now for various types of proxying
and SSL acceleration all with great success. However now I  need to
replace specific content within an html body. I have been trying to get
the HttpSubsModule to work as It appears to do what I am looking for.
However I have not been able to get it to match or replace any content
whatsover. I believe I have the module compiled and loading.

Here is a snippit of my config, my goal would be to replace all
instances of  'cat' with the word dog.

server { #server80
   listen  80;
   server_name  community.qnx.com;
         access_log  /var/log/nginx/proxy.access.log;
         ##error_log /var/log/nginx/proxy.error.log debug;

  location / {
         subs_filter_types text/html;
         subs_filter cat dog i;

             #proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
             #proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Server $host;
             #proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
             proxy_pass   http://internal.site.com:80/;
             #proxy_redirect off;
           }

} #server80