Nginx and Memcache

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Oct 26 21:15:23 MSD 2010

Hello!

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:38:41AM -0400, midas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I finally have Nginx working with memcache and doing its job perfectly.
> I have a question regarding the memcache_pass configuration. Is it
> possible to have a pool of memcache servers instead of one memcache
> server?

You are free to use defined upstream[1] in memcached_pass.  By
default nginx will use round-robin though.  Blancing methods
compatible with Cache::Memcached and other memcached client
libraries are available as third party modules[2][3].

[1] http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpUpstreamModule
[2] http://openhack.ru/nginx-patched/wiki/MemcachedHash
[3] http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpUpstreamConsistentHash