Image Hosting

Maxime Ducharme max at techboom.com
Wed Oct 27 01:39:14 MSD 2010

Hi

Thread is quite old for reply but maybe this will help

our setup :
- we set blockdev of RAID devices to 4096
- RAID stripe to 256K
- scheduler must be set to "deadline" (on Linux
see /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler)
- xfs used here with these options : noatime,nobarrier
- worker_processes should be equals your number of cores, we have 16
- disable logging
-    sendfile_max_chunk  512k;
-    sendfile off;
-    tcp_nopush     on;
-    tcp_nodelay on;
-    output_buffers 1 1m;
-    keepalive_timeout  0;

With this setup we can do 1.7 GBits/s traffic. We are serving bigger
files so these wont be ideal for your situation but may be helpful. We
have 28TB of data per server.

FYI we do 350 mbytes/s on Treeware/Adaptec SATA RAID. You may try bonnie
++ on this box to see how it can do on plain disk access.

have a nice day

--
Maxime Ducharme
Systems Architect