Nginx capping at 320 requests per second

Piotr Sikora piotr.sikora at frickle.com
Wed Sep 1 04:27:22 MSD 2010

Hi,

> Kevin, thanks for your reply.. I've turned off keepalive because the app
> is a mobile app with very simple js and css. There is very little reason
> to have keepalive. I'll try putting it up to test though. Cheers!

That .js and .css are good enough reason to have keepalive turned on.

Regarding your original issue: how much time does it take to generate single
response from Tornado? I'm asking, because you said that you've got 30
blocking workers, which means that if single response takes around 100ms,
then you can handle only about 300req/s.

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora < piotr.sikora at frickle.com >