X-Accel-Redirect doesn't URL-decode paths

gustavo nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Sep 7 19:20:08 MSD 2010

Hello,

I'm using the X-Accel-Redirect feature in Nginx, but it fails to send
some files (returning a 404) because it does not URL-decode the
requested path. It does work when the file name need not be
URL-decoded.

So, for example, I have a file called "Mudança_Climática.pdf" in
/srv/static (whose URL alias on Nginx is "/internal/static"), my
application would set the X-Accel-Redirect header to:

But then, Nginx will try to look up that file in the filesystem as:
/srv/static/Mudan%C3%A7a_Clim%C3%A1tica.pdf

However, if I requested "Climate_Change.pdf", it works.

This seems like a bug, isn't it? Or is it a bad configuration?

Thanks in advance.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,128004,128004#msg-128004