Migrating from Apache to NGINX, google minify stopped working.

zeeshan malik zeeshan.m.malik at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 15:43:03 MSD 2010

Hello,

I am using google minify(http://code.google.com/p/minify/) to minify js and
css files. I am migrating from apache to nginx. After migration my js and
css
urls(e.g: http://mydomain.com/min/?g=group_name) which use minify have
stopped working. Nginx returns 'HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request' on all the
urls using minfy.

When I visit the address http://mydomain.com/min, it does redirects to
http://mydomain.com/min/builder/ like it used to do with apache, but
instead of showing complete 'Minify URI Builder' page it only shows
following:
------------------------------
Minify URI Builder

Need help? Search or post to the Minify discussion list.

This app is minified :) view source

In firebug I can see that the request
http://example.com/min/?f=min/builder/_index.js
also returns 'HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request' when i try to access
http://mydomain.com/min.

My server configuration for nginx is as following:
server {
   listen       80;
   server_name  example.com;

   location / {
       root   /path/to/root/dir;
       index  index.php index.html index.htm;
   }

   # redirect server error pages to the static page /50x.html
   #
   error_page   500 502 503 504  /50x.html;
   location = /50x.html {
       root   html;
   }

  location ~ \.php$ {
           fastcgi_pass   127.0.0.1:9000;
           fastcgi_index  index.php;
           fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME  /path/to/root/dir/
$fastcgi_script_name;
           include        fastcgi_params;
           fastcgi_param  QUERY_STRING     $query_string;
           fastcgi_param  REQUEST_METHOD   $request_method;
           fastcgi_param  CONTENT_TYPE     $content_type;
           fastcgi_param  CONTENT_LENGTH   $content_length;

Please help me in configuring google minify with nginx.

Thanks,
ZM.