Request for Review: nginx module to strip whitespace from served pages.

Vedang vedang.manerikar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 18:26:12 MSD 2011

Hi All,

I've written a module to strip whitespace from text served by nginx in order
to reduce bandwidth consumed. I'm currently testing my module on a staging
server with nginx 0.7.67. However, since this is the first nginx-module that
I've written, I would be grateful if someone could review my code and point
out any mistakes I might have made from ignorance/inexperience.

The code for my module is at https://github.com/vedang/nginx-nonewlines. I
have based it on a function used by reddit, the code for which can be found
here:
https://github.com/reddit/reddit/blob/master/r2/r2/lib/c/filters.c#L216. Any
suggestions would be highly welcome. Thanks!

--
Unix is simple. It takes a genius to understand it's simplicity.    -
Anon

Cheers,
Vedang.

Software Developer,