websockets - HTTP 1.1 support for backends

John Axel Eriksson john at insane.se
Sun Apr 3 16:59:34 MSD 2011

Yeah we have and afaik there has been no real answer to when or if nginx will
support this. There are patches and modules that enable some of the stuff from
1.1 but so far I've been unable to use nginx for proxying to backends talking 1.1.
I've heard some talk of how "http 1.1 doesn't really bring anything" which is completely
untrue. 1.1 isn't exactly brand new either.

Anyway, I don't want to come off as bashing nginx here - I love it and I use it quite alot. I
just think that http 1.1 support in the proxy module should be a high priority feature which
it doesn't seem to be. Perhaps not even on any roadmap. Would be nice to know if there
were any plans for it at all.