Shared nginx configuration for multiple servers

Ondrej Jombik jombik at platon.org
Wed Apr 6 03:00:22 MSD 2011

We have bunch of servers, where we want to share configuration via SVN
or GIT (or whatever). So on all server there will be the same
configuration files set - this is easy to maintain.

Although the most of the configuration is the same on all servers, there
is a small set of differences for certain servers.

I would like to separate this per-server configuration differences into
files called $hostname.conf in the conf.d directory.

However this is not working for me:

     include /etc/nginx/conf.d/$hostname.conf;

Is this supposed to work, or not? If not, what is prefered way to
achieve my goal?

Thanks

Ondrej

--
Ondrej JOMBIK
Platon Technologies Ltd., Hlavna 3, Sala SK-92701