Nginx 1.0.0 and Third Party Modules Install

Ensiferous nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Apr 16 20:23:13 MSD 2011

Hi.

There was an API change but I can't remember when it was. Regardless it
had only minor effect and pretty much all the modules should work fine
regardless. I think what has you confused is how to install 3rd party
modules. Nginx only supports compiling in modules statically, which
means you have to enable them during compile time. You can't install
Nginx and then later add in modules. (without recompiling)

Thankfully, adding 3rd party modules during compile is pretty easy as
you just need -add-module=/path/to/module/source

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,191693,191721#msg-191721