Bug in nginx?

Ian Hobson ian at ianhobson.co.uk
Sun Apr 17 21:26:56 MSD 2011

Hi,

I'm still using Nginx 0.7.67 and I think I have found a minor bug.

In my config files, for one domain I have entries like this to protect
two directories.

location  /secret {
    index index.html
    auth_basic "Please login";
    auth_basic_user_file  /path/to/passwordfile
}

location /private {
    auth_basic "Hello, Please login";
    authObasic_user_file  /path/to/passwordfile;
    if ()
      etc

Note the second line above has no trailing semi-colon.

The result is that /secret is not protected (although /private is).

The bug is that when nginx is restarted, it announces that the config file
is valid, when it isn't, (so the problem was not detected for many months).

Regards

Ian