User directive warning, despite being run as root

jschuur nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Apr 21 23:05:54 MSD 2011

Some additional info here and I think I've clarified that this isn't an
nginx codebase issue: After a 'sudo nginx -s quit' and confirming that
no more nginx processes were running or local web sites could be
accessed, I was still seeing entries to the log file made, both warning
me about the user directive and another permission issue: