Log Parsing - Near Real Time

Neil McKee neil.mckee.ca at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 16:24:38 UTC 2011

You could use nginx-sflow-module (binary logging over UDP).  The "sflowtool" program can convert this back to a continuous feed of common log file format at the collector.

  This way you can receive from multiple servers all sending to the same UDP port.  You can also apply random 1-in-N sampling at source as an efficient data-reduction measure if required.

Neil Mckee