map module not working with new 1.1.0

Rami Essaid rami.essaid at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 00:35:25 UTC 2011

I am so sorry for the false alarm.  When testing nginx I reload the config
using the  nginx -s reload  command.  Because I am using a virtual
environment my IP address had shift and the config IP mapping was no longer
accurate but the reload command did not notify me of the conflict.  After
killing nginx and starting it again it gave me the proper error code:
nginx: [emerg] bind() to 10.2.10.236:80 failed (99: Cannot assign requested
address)

This is a small thing I guess but it would have been nice when using the
reload command that it informed me that something was wrong instead of just
not accepting the changes I made.

Rami

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 8:22 PM, Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 07:45:47PM -0400, Rami Essaid wrote:
>
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Has anyone experienced any issues with the map module using the new 1.1.0
> > compile of nginx?  I am mapping user agents and under 1.0.5 everything
> > worked great, with the new version the exact same config doesnt seem to
> be
> > working. I've tried two different maps based on previous comments and
> > neither seem to work.  Anyone else?
> >

> > http {
> > map $http_user_agent $searchengine {
> > default 0;