Nginx + apache : REMOTE_ADDR and REMOTE_HOST bug

Gena Makhomed gmm at csdoc.com
Wed Aug 31 12:45:35 UTC 2011

On 31.08.2011 14:57, Albuquerque Rui wrote:

>  While accessing the page directly from apache i've got the good
>  values too. But when i pass by nginx then apache ( mod_rpaf ) the
>  hostname is not right :(

[...]

> In this case we are talking about client remote hostname...

probably this is bug / misfeature in mod_rpaf / apache+mod_rpaf.
and obviously such behavior of apache+mod_rpaf is not nginx bug.

mod_rpaf change only client IP and not change client hostname
see details in fuction "change_remote_ip" in mod_rpaf sources

p.s. most probably this is mod_rpaf bug / misfeature.
may be try ask support in mod_rpaf/apache mail lists?

--
Best regards,
  Gena