Nginx DSO(dynamic loadable module)

Tsukasa Hamano hamano at osstech.co.jp
Thu Dec 1 11:28:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

At Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:22:21 +0400,
Maxim Dounin wrote:

> Unfortunately, this won't work even if implemented properly.  Most
> serious issue is that there should be ABI compatibility maintained
> and checked, this is not currently the case even within single
> unmodified nginx release: there are configure arguments which
> change layout of various internal structures.

I understand how hard it is ABI compatibility maintain.
So, How about just conforming nginx version and nginx version was
compiled with the module.

Look at the Makefile of example module.
https://github.com/hamano/nginx-mod-so/blob/master/example/Makefile

Now, Nginx version numbber embedded in the dso module.
It ensure sameness of nginx version by the mod_so and shared module.

> Other problems include e.g. proper handling of reloads.

I'll fix it, Please tell me if there is another problems.

Thank you.