How to use C as a scripting language?

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Sat Dec 3 14:04:24 UTC 2011

> On Saturday 03 December 2011 16:44:56 etrader wrote:
>> Thanks James!
>> The idea of building a mini-webserver for C programming is brilliant. I
>> searched a lot to find a guidance for building very basic web server in
>> C (obviously I prefer to write the web server in C with native API for C
>> files); but I was unable to find. All web servers in C are advanced
>> applications such as nginx. Could you please give me a hint how to start
>> to write a mini web server in C.
>>

> Instead of building a web server, you can consider to write a fastcgi
> or scgi application.
>
> http://www.fastcgi.com/devkit/doc/fastcgi-prog-guide/ap_guide.htm
>
> wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev

Another solution would be writing uWSGI plugins:

http://projects.unbit.it/uwsgi/browser/plugins/example/example_plugin.c

You will end with items passed by nginx to your app easy accessible and
you will not need to learn how to program a server/daemon
and focus on your app.

In addition to this your app will be accessibile via uwsgi/http/fastcgi
and can use the whole uwsgi api and operational modes
(preforked/threaded/async/green).

The doc on writing plugins is not available, but you can subscribe to the
uWSGI list and ask for help (or read the sources of the other plugins).

--
Roberto De Ioris
http://unbit.it