[ANN] ngx_openresty stable version 1.0.10.24 released

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 15:23:12 UTC 2011

Hi, folks!

I'm happy to announce that the new stable release of ngx_openresty,
1.0.10.24, has just been kicked out of door:

  http://openresty.org/#Download

This is the first stable release of ngx_openresty that is based on the
Nginx core 1.0.10.

Special thanks go to all our contributors and users to help make this
release happen :)

Here goes the complete change log for this release, as compared to the last
stable release, 1.0.9.10, released nearly one month ago:

   - upgraded the Nginx core to 1.0.10.
   - upgraded LuaNginxModule to 0.3.1rc38.
      - feature: added opions copy_all_vars and vars to
ngx.location.capture<http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule#ngx.location.capture>and
      ngx.location.capture_multi<http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule#ngx.location.capture_multi>.
      thanks Marcus Clyne for the patch.
      - feature: added new Lua API
ngx.now<http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule#ngx.now>to return the
current time (including the ms part as the decimal part).
      thanks 林青.
      - feature: added new Lua API
ngx.update_time<http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule#ngx.update_time>to
forcibly updating nginx's time cache.
      - feature: added wait boolean argument to
ngx.flush()<http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule#ngx.flush>to support
synchronous flushing;
      ngx.flush(true) will not return until all the data has been flushed
      into the system send buffer or the send timeout has expired.
      - feature: added constant ngx.HTTP_GATEWAY_TIMEOUT (504) per Fry-kun
      in github issue
#73<https://github.com/chaoslawful/lua-nginx-module/issues/73>
      .
      - feature: added new regex options "j" and "d" to
ngx.re.match<http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule#ngx.re.match>,
      ngx.re.gmatch <http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule#ngx.re.gmatch>,
      ngx.re.sub <http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule#ngx.re.sub>, and
      ngx.re.gsub <http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule#ngx.re.gsub> so as
      to enable the PCRE JIT mode
<http://www.manpagez.com/man/3/pcrejit/>and DFA mode, respectively.
thanks
      @姜大炮 <http://weibo.com/egis> for providing the patch.
      - feature: added
ngx.hmac_sha1<http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule#ngx.hmac_sha1>.
      thanks drdrxp <http://weibo.com/drdrxp>.
      - bugfix: fixed a bad regression in
ngx.location.capture_multi<http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule#ngx.location.capture_multi>when
the request option table is specified. this bug had appeared in
      ngx_lua 0.3.1rc26 and ngx_openresty 1.0.9.1.
      - bugfix: now we check timed out downstream connections in our write
      event handler.
      - bugfix: use of the ngx.re API might lead to errors like pcre_compile()
      failed: failed to get memory in ... due to incorrect pcre_malloc and
      pcre_free handling. thanks Vittly for reporting this as github issue
      #72 <https://github.com/chaoslawful/lua-nginx-module/issues/72>.
      - docs: documented the long-existent
ngx.md5<http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule#ngx.md5>and
      ngx.md5_bin <http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule#ngx.md5_bin> APIs.
      - docs: massive documentation improvements. thanks Nginx User.
   - upgraded MemcNginxModule to 0.13rc2.
      - bugfix: now we use signed char explicitly instead of the vague
chartype which could be unsigned by default in certain systems like
PowerPC.
      thanks Dmitry E. Oboukhov.
   - upgraded Redis2NginxModule to 0.08rc2.
      - bugfix: when char defaults to unsigned char, the Ragel-based Redis
      response parser could not accept non-ascci bytes. thanks Dmitry
E. Oboukhov.
   - upgraded RdsJsonNginxModule to v0.12rc7.
      - added more debug level error log outputs to ease debugging (as
      discussed in github issue
#2<https://github.com/agentzh/rds-json-nginx-module/issues/2>
      ).
   - upgraded XssNginxModule to v0.03rc7.
      - now we use the ngx_log_debugN macros to emit debugging outputs
      instead of info level error logging because the latter is costly in
      production.
      - bugfix: now we use signed char explicitly instead of the vague
chartype which could be unsigned by default in certain systems like
PowerPC.
      thanks Dmitry E. Oboukhov.
   - bugfix: fixed a serious regression for Linux AIO in
   nginx-1.0.10-epoll_check_stale_wev.patch<https://github.com/agentzh/ngx_openresty/blob/master/patches/nginx-1.0.10-epoll_check_stale_wev.patch>,
   thanks Maxim Dounin.

As always, you're welcome to report bugs and feature requests either here
or directly to me :)

OpenResty (aka. ngx_openresty) is a full-fledged web application server by
bundling the standard Nginx core, lots of 3rd-party Nginx modules, as well
as most of their external dependencies.

By taking adantage of various well-designed Nginx modules, OpenResty
effectively turns the nginx server into a powerful web app server, in which
the web developers can use the Lua programming language to script various
existing nginx C modules and Lua modules and construct extremely
high-performance web applications that is capable to handle 10K+
connections.

OpenResty aims to run your server-side web app completely in the Nginx
server, leveraging Nginx's event model to do non-blocking I/O not only with
the HTTP clients, but also with remote backends like MySQL, PostgreSQL,
Memcached, and Redis.

You can find more details on the homepage of ngx_openresty here:

    http://openresty.org

Have fun!
-agentzh