Install with ssl

Igor Sysoev igor at sysoev.ru
Thu Feb 3 22:17:58 MSK 2011

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 08:06:14PM +0100, Paul Bergstrom wrote:

> I want to install nginx with support for ssl. I know how to do that.
>
> --with-http_ssl_module --with-openssl=/...
>

> I'm uncertain what path I should use for the last argument.
>
> I have openssl installed on Debian. which openssl gives
> /usr/bin/openssl. Is this the path I should enter?
>
> Or is it OPENSSLDIR: "/usr/lib/ssl"

./configure --help| grep openssl=
  --with-openssl=DIR                 set path to OpenSSL library sources

This option is required only if you want to built OpenSSL library from
sources. It is not needed If you want to use already installed library.
If you use standard Debian OpenSSL package, then you need only
--with-http_ssl_module option: nginx's ./configure should find by itself
OpenSSL library.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/