lua possibilities/limitations

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 07:14:54 MSK 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM, agentzh <agentzh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Your code below is totally wrong because you do not understand nginx
> request phases well enough :)

Just want to mention that plain nginx.conf programming can be evil
because IMHO 99.99% of the nginx users on this planet do not and I bet
will not grok all of these details about nginx phases and various
pitfalls regarding "if", "add_header", and etc. Mixing these with or
without Lua can be confusing. And that's why we're advocating pure Lua
scripting wherever feasible. Add your headers and doing your code
branches using pure Lua because it's a mature and well designed
language (as compared to the nginx.conf language).

Some mature nginx users or developers might disagree here. But that's
*our* opinions and recommendations anyway :)

Cheers,
-agentzh