How nginx's "location if" works (Was Re: Setting cache parameter via if directives)

Alexander Kunz akunz at ntmedia.de
Fri Feb 18 15:29:35 MSK 2011

Thanks so much for the detailed answer.

So i think i am on the right way using html + jquery. The HTML page
loads all my css + js + static data  and jquery loads the content with
ajax calls. The Browser builds the page. Nginx + Lua + Redis and the
whole application flys... Great :)

Time to think a bit different :) The "old" way still stuck in my head. I
see there is a function access_by_lua but i still like session. Could
this the way to handle access to all files in app? Decript session and
encrypt session for refreshing the session livetime? Or shoud i use
access_by_lua in each location?

     location /app {

         set_decode_base32 $session $cookie_SID;
         set_decrypt_session $raw $session;
         set_encrypt_session $session $raw;
         set_encode_base32 $session;
         add_header Set-Cookie "SID=$session; path=/";

         if ($raw = '') {
             rewrite (.*) /relogin.htm?url=$1 redirect;
         }

         try_files $uri $uri/;
     }

Have a nice day, agentzh.