Passing variables to access_log, error_log names

Dayo nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sun Feb 27 20:05:02 MSK 2011

Jim Ohlstein Wrote:
> --
> Jim Ohlstein
> On Feb 27, 2011 11:28 AM, "Dayo"  wrote:
> >
> > Maxim Dounin Wrote:

> -----
> ~^(www\.)?(?P[^.]+).mydomain.com$;
> > >
> > > Just a side note: forum is still eating data
> > > (originally
> > > "P" was here), you may want to consider using
> > > mailing
> > > list directly instead.
> >
> > Unfortunately, the mailing list is not as user
> friendly for me as the
> > forum.
> >
> > I note that the forum module being used has the
> option to strip HTML and
> > BB Code tags which must be activated.
>
> Perhaps you should read and search and you will
> see that this discussion was
> had in the past and again recently. Stripping
> bbcode tags strips everything
> between square brackets. This is worse. Can you
> show me where HTML is *not*
> stripped?
Sorry. I wasn't clear. I was just trying to explain to Maxim that the
stripping bit must be on which is why the data gets eaten as he puts
it.
Perhaps the code can be adjusted or switched off.

> I've offered to turn it over to anyone who thinks
> that he or she can do it
> better. Care to take me up? If not then stop
> sniping. If yes, get Igor's
> approval and I'll package up the database and
> files for you.
No need to throw your toys out of the pram.
I am not sniping and will like to work with you to getting this setup
even better as I know it must be a bit of a hassle.

> > I wonder if the forum admin would consider
> switching it off.
> >
> > I also wonder if he will get round to looking at
> my suggestion for
> > dealing with the problem with the preview
> setting which disrupts
> > navigating the forum.
>
> I wonder when you'll stop whining about it.
Touchy, touchy aren't we?
Take a deep breath.

I can't see why you are so adamant that you will not offer an option to
switch it off.
Surely the best of both worlds were those that want it, have it ,and
those that don't want it don't can't be a bad thing ... can it?

I am happy to help out if you are happy to allow.

I repeat. I am not sniping and there are no monsters under the bed.

I applaud your efforts here and want to see it become an even bigger
success.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,178665,178847#msg-178847