Nginx does not re-open log files on SIGUSR1.

Gena Makhomed gmm at csdoc.com
Mon Jan 3 15:59:23 MSK 2011

On 03.01.2011 14:18, Piotr Sikora wrote:

>> pkill send USR1 signal to all nginx processes,
>> not only master, but also all worker processes
>> in random order - it may be first workers, and last master.

>> if worker processes does not have write permissions
>> to /var/log/nginx directory - worker processes can`t
>> create new log files, and can't write to log files.

> Worker process doesn't create log files, master process does.

if worker processes have write permissions to /var/log/nginx
- it can create log files, see nginx sources for reference:
ngx_process_cycle.c file, ngx_worker_process_cycle function.

> you didn't answer any of my questions...

you didn't ask any questions.

P.S.

nginx 0.8.53 log files rotation work fine on my machines
with logrotate config mentioned in my previous message.

--
Best regards,
  Gena