0.9.3 on OpenBSD 4.8

Nuno Magalhães nunomagalhaes at eu.ipp.pt
Tue Jan 4 00:28:00 MSK 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 20:16, Piotr Sikora <piotr.sikora at frickle.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> 0.2) How come "PCRE library is not used"?
>
> Do you have pcre installed? (pkg_info | grep ^pcre)

# pkg_info |grep pcre
pcre-8.02p1         perl-compatible regular expression library

Also, the line "checking for PCRE library in /usr/local/include and
/usr/local/lib ... found" shows up during .configure.

>> 1) When issuing make for the first time i got these errors with the
>> Form Input module:
>> (...)
>
> You need NDK module (https://github.com/simpl/ngx_devel_kit).

Noted, thanks.

>> 2) After removing the appropriate --add-module line, doing .configure
>> and make again, i got another error:

Issuing make clean at the shell works as expected. The full error is:

cd /usr  && make CFLAGS="-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe "  CC="gcc"
MD5_ASM_OBJ= clean libmd5.a
make: don't know how to make clean. Stop in /usr.
*** Error code 2

Stop in /root/nginx/nginx-0.9.3 (line 1041 of objs/Makefile).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /root/nginx/nginx-0.9.3 (line 8 of Makefile).

Line 1041 of objs/Makefile is: CC="$(CC)" MD5_ASM_OBJ= clean libmd5.a
These show up during .configure:

checking for MD5 library in /usr/include and /usr/lib (from previously
found OpenSSL) ... found
adding module in /path/to/upload-module
 + ngx_http_upload_module was configured
grep: /usr/md5.h: No such file or directory
creating objs/Makefile

Configuration summary
  + PCRE library is not used
  + using md5 library: /usr

> You've broken something, nginx works just fine on OpenBSD.

I didn't say otherwise :) However, i'm not interested in 0.7.3; maybe
i'm missing packages? I have a very minimal isntall, but i assumed md5
and friends were default in OpenBSD (assuming that's the problem).
There's no md5.h in /usr, but in /usr/lib; creating a soft link has no
effect.

--
Mars 2 Stay!
http://xkcd.com/801/