proxy_cache_bypass with ssi caches template

bponury nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jan 11 04:08:05 MSK 2011

Maxim Dounin Wrote:
> The problem is that proxy_cache_bypass doesn't
> work as of now (it
> usually corrupts response headers, though may
> corrupt response
> body/cause other problems as well).  It may only
> be used with
> identical proxy_no_cache.

Well that makes sense now. I see that other headers are corrupted.

Which brings us back to my question - what is the best way to
force-refresh a page in cache? I want my backend to invalidate some
pages as they change. And those pages could have SSI inside. I know that
deleting a file from hdd works, but my invalidation requests will happen
many times, removing and recreating files again and again could have
performance impact. And it seems just wrong. Any help here?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,165196,165248#msg-165248