How come nginx is only accepting 1 connection?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Jan 18 18:55:10 MSK 2011

Hello!

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:24:46PM +0800, He Shiming wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:18 PM, Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru> wrote:
> > Other ideas: don't test with browser, test with telnet/netcat.  Or
> > at least make sure you're monitoring what's happening on the wire
> > (with tcpdump/wireshark) while doing so.
> >
> > For this particular case - most likly it's your browser which
> > limits connections.
> >
> > Maxim Dounin
> >

> Unfortunately telnet showed the same behavior. I really couldn't
> understand what settings could cause this behavior?

There are no settings in nginx which may cause such behaviour
(well, problems may happen with "sendfile on;" without
sendfile_max_chunk set while sending huge files over fast links -
due to blocking in sendfile() syscall, but it's not your case).

This may be problem in track_uploads module though, it's third party
one and I have no idea about it's bugs.

You may test the following:

1. If requesting normal static file (or just sending an invalid
request) works.

2. If doing the same with track_uploads disabled works.