nginx reload causing dropped requests

Mike Bell mdb036 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 04:45:21 MSK 2011

Hi,

I'm seeing dropped requests on nginx reload.  I'm using 0.8.53 compiled from
source.

My configuration is nginx as a proxy in front of (currently) 2 apache
servers.

It looks like if a client reuses a connection it had before the reload
(HTTP/1.1 style), then the server doesn't handle the request - from tcpdump,
I see the TCP connection is just reset with no response.

Is this a known issue?  Is there some configuration option to stop the old
worker processes from dieing until the connections have all timed out?

Cheers,
Mike