FastCGI backend issue

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Jan 25 16:20:57 MSK 2011

Hello!

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 07:52:18AM -0500, Olaf van der Spek wrote:

> Maxim Dounin Wrote:
> > Most likely your backend doesn't honor
> > FCGI_KEEP_CONN flag.
>
> It doesn't. Why does Nginx wait after FCGI_END_REQUEST though?

nginx doesn't process data from fastcgi app untill buffer filled or
connection closed by app (as required per spec without
FCGI_KEEP_CONN flag set).

I've posted some patches which change things as part of keepalive
with backends work, but most likely you don't want to rely on
them.  You may want to make your app actually fastcgi complaint
instead.