auth_basic not requiring Authorization

bindsocket nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jul 5 21:49:06 MSD 2011

Thanks everyone for the help and also for actually showing me how the
whole location thing is processed.  Also, I had read the IfIsEvil post
and had it on my list of things to fix but never got far enough up the
priority scale to actually do.  Now, thanks to you guys I do not have to
worry about that anymore.

Incidentally, I haven't looked very hard but I do not see a way to do
same thing I know how to do in Apache where only certain users are
allowed access to certain directories.  Being able to do this would
simply the next step in tweaking the config file.

Thanks,
Brian

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,211601,211972#msg-211972