problem compiling nginx from svn source with http_push_module on windows

t0meck nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Jul 9 23:34:43 MSD 2011

Hello everyone,

I'm new to using SVN and what I want to achieve is:
custom compiled nginx web server with http push module on windows using
either mingw, cygwin or Visual Studio compilers.

The problem lies in 2 things:
1) after I checked out the svn, it downloaded almost 2 gigabytes of data
and I don't know how to compile it since in trunk directory there are no
configure scripts i could run
2) after downloading linux version of nginx from nginx.org and unpacking
it, i tried to configure it but i get error on "checking int size" but
if i run the configuration script with parameters the windows version of
nginx from site was compiled with, configuration script finishes without
problem but then i cannot "make" the source "no rule to make target
src/os/win32/ngx_win32_config.h..."

In this thread http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,192475,192511 the
author of nginx mentions, that there are sources for window on svn so
i've started to going that way but like i've said i don't know how to
configure it since there are no configuration scripts there.

Please help me. I'm struggling with this for some time now and I don't
know what else I could do.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,212047,212047#msg-212047