Getting All Documentation Under One Roof

Jack Desert jackdesert556 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 06:15:08 MSD 2011

On Mon, 30 May 2011 00:44:40 +0200
Thomas Love <tomlove at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd be in favour of copying the pages of http://nginx.org/en/docs/
> into http://wiki.nginx.org/ along with links to security advisories,
> books, etc. It would need to be kept up-to-date, but this would be a
> start, unless Igor is keen to keep them separate.

It seems that for anything that is already well-documented on the official site, we would be better off just linking to it. That way, whenever the official docs are updated, the wiki doesn't have to change with it.

That said, some of the documentation appears to only be available in Russian. Who is in charge of the translation efforts? I'm happy to help translate this documentation, especially if they could be put into the list of official docs.

> I suspect there may be a better way to organise the top-level wiki
> sections (Install, Modules, Add-ons etc.) e.g. I was surprised to find
> http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpCoreModule in Modules when I first visited
> (it's logical, but wasn't obvious). I also think "Install" on the top
> level can be reworked to incorporate "Getting started" and "Full
> example", modified to implement auth_basic as well since this can
> easily be done dangerously by first-timers.

I'm with you on that. An easy, streamlined path to get newbies rolling would be quite helpful.

Jack Desert