Rewrite help when files do NOT have a ".php" extension

António P. P. Almeida appa at perusio.net
Fri Jun 3 05:44:52 MSD 2011

On 3 Jun 2011 02h22 WEST, nginx-forum at nginx.us wrote:

> OK, I did this:
>
> 1. Rebuilt nginx with "with-debug"

This is to be done in the configure phase of the build. It's not a
configuration thing. The only thig needed in the config is the debug
flag in the error_log directive.

You're confusing two very different things.

> 2. Added another line to my nginx.conf:

> debug_connection  MY IP ADDRESS;

This means that only the requests from this IP generate the debug
log. You need to build a local version on a dev box and debug the
configuration there.

> 3. Then restarted the server.

A simple reload will do.

> My error_log and access_log are still empty after I visit several
> pages of the website.
>
> What else do I need to do?

http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxInstall
http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxInstallOptions