HttpLimitReqModule logging and not denying

ressaid nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Jun 3 06:00:30 MSD 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to restrict frequent requests but not block it completely.
I've gotten HttpLimitReqModule to work but this just blocks the requests
that exceed the limit.  Instead I would like to be able to log it into a
table and then forward all such offenders to a recaptcha test
(https://github.com/yaoweibin/nginx_http_recaptcha_module autor:weibin
yao).  My C skills are not what they used to be and am trying to avoid
rewriting the HttpLimitReqModule to accomplish this.  Any ideas?

PS - I would preferably like to do this all in nginx and not involve a
PF or IPTables.

Thank you for your help!
Rami

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,203503,203503#msg-203503