Reverse Cache for Multiple Sites

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Jun 6 00:47:16 MSD 2011

Hello!

On Sun, Jun 05, 2011 at 07:04:09PM +0100, John Macleod wrote:

> I am looking to implement NGINX as a reverse proxy cache for a number
> of sites, there are 6 fairly busy sites between 4 webservers.  I can
> find plenty of online assistance in configuring NGINX to reverse cache
> a single site from a single origin.  I appear to be struggling to find
> how to configure a single NGINX installation to reverse cache multiple
> sites from multiple origins.
>
> Could anyone point me in the right direction on this, or am I overly
> complicating a simple config?

Just define multiple servers and configure them.  See here for
details:

http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/request_processing.html
http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpCoreModule#server

Something like this should work:

    proxy_cache_path /path/to/cache keys_zone=one:10m;

    server {
        listen ...
        server_name site1.example.com;

        location / {