Rewriting the domain part of Set-Cookie in a proxy_pass

杨镭 clanherb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 23:30:32 MSD 2011

I am curious when there is an output_by_lua/output_by_luafle directive in
nginx-lua module. Currently, if one want to set/modify response header, the
only possible way is to do a subrequest using ngx.capture.

I think this is really cumbersome compared to declarative configuration such
as: output_by_lua_file.

cc'ed agentzh

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Justin Cormack <
justin at specialbusservice.com> wrote:

>> > AFAIK you'll need to use 3rd party modules. Either
>> > http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpHeadersMoreModule and/or
>> > http://github.com/chaoslawful/lua-nginx-module
>> >
>> > Probably the Embedded Perl module let's you do
>> > that also. You'll have to try it out.
>>
>> Thanks for the pointers.
>>
>> HttpHeadersMoreModule doesn't seem to let me replace parts of headers.
>>
>> Lua doesn't seem to have it either:
>> > Reading values from ngx.header.HEADER is not
>> > implemented yet, and usually you shouldn't need it.
>>
>> I think you need to read the headers you get back from
> ngx.location.capture in Lua (retrieve the backend response), then set the
> outbound headers with ngx.HEADER, so you should be able to do this in Lua.
>
> So your content_by_lua block calls ngx.location.capture to get the backend
> response, reads the headers it gets from there, then sets the outbound
> headers....
>
> Justin

lei yang