x-forwarded-for and two nginx instances + apache

Boyko Yordanov b.yordanov at exsisto.com
Mon Jun 13 19:09:57 MSD 2011

Hi there,

I'm running two nginx instances in-front of Apache. Trying to pass visitors real-ip address to apache.

In normal cases (with one nginx instance in-front of Apache) I'm using:

            proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-For  $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

and mod_rpaf on apache to handle the  X-Forwarded-For header.

How do I proceed with two nginx instances where the first one should pass $remote_addr to the second one, which should pass it to Apache?

Thanks!

Boyko