Nginx Vs Nginx Performance [Versions Battle]

Alexandr Gomoliako zzz at zzz.org.ua
Wed Jun 15 21:00:35 MSD 2011

On 6/15/11, M.A.G <nginx-forum at nginx.us> wrote:
>I would like to know if it's makes any difference in term of using Nginx versions. Did anyone had any experience with that? Did anyone do any benchmarks about that?

> Anyone?

It's kind of pointless. Reading the changes would be enough to
understand. For example, in 0.9.0 accept4 support was added on linux,
so obviously every version before that is one syscall slower on linux.
Not to mention some other useful features that don't have direct
impact on performance, like directio, etc. Take a look:
http://nginx.org/en/CHANGES