HTTPS - NGINX with Passenger webservers behind F5 load balancer

Vitaly Tskhovrebov vt at chgk.info
Wed Mar 9 16:48:24 MSK 2011

In my case of such config I was able to force perl application to build
links inside with https. If your links don't have any scheme, then
user's browser will use existing one.

Also, you should avoid rewrites with schemes on nginx side.

i.e. rewrite ^ http://example.com/ permanent; should be avoided, because
it enforces to use http.