nginx how too enable intel aesni engine

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Mar 10 19:20:41 MSK 2011

Hello!

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 08:34:07AM -0500, michaelvv wrote:

> The Last questions so far.
> Do you know if there are any hardware based solution which in any way
> could speed up
> the processing of SSL , and work with nginx ???
> I Have seen some companies offering products but have you heard of any.
> I currently have ca 1850 pr/sec on the server i'm using.

I have no idea about hardware SSL accelerators.  From theoretical
point of view - any with openssl (and your OS) support should work.

On the other hand, modern processors are capable of executing at
least 1k of RSA 1024-bit signs per second on a single core (and
you usually have at least 4 of them), so this isn't usually an
issue.  And using faster processor and/or adding more servers may
be a better option if you are CPU-bound due to SSL operations.