504 error Gateway Timeout.

Jamie Dolan jamiedolan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 07:51:42 MSK 2011

HI;

I'm using Nginx in a reverse proxy setup with Apache. I'm having a
problem when I submit a large upload via php; while Mogrify is
processing the photo upload, Nginx returns a 504 error - Gateway
Timeout.

I tried adding in proxy_read_timeout 600; proxy_send_timeout 600;, but
I am still having the same problem.

I've searched for answers for quite a few hours now, and am at a loss.
 All of my PHP memory and time out settings are quite high.

It works when I do smaller uploads. It is the ones that take Mogrify
more than about 60 to 90 seconds to process that cause the error.
(uploads of over about 50 MB of images).

I was able to upload / process with this system prior to installing
Nginx.  Please let me know if you want to see a copy of my config file
or any other information.

Thank You Kindly;

Jamie