100% CPU Usage (on all 8 cores)

kthxbai2u nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Mar 19 21:28:30 MSK 2011

> <sarcasm>
> Congratulations
> It's really difficult to get 100% efficiency for
> modern code - this is
> truly scalable
> </sarcasm>

Sorry not sure what you mean here... But the whole deal was that nginx is BETTER than apache, not worse. You ework for nginx, I thought you would know that? With apache, the server load is normal, but the server responds slow (20 sec. pg loads).

As soon as i put nginx in, server load is 100%. It responds lightning fast (< 5 seconds), but after a while it crashes and I need to reboot.

I know this is not the way nginx performs. There is something wrong with it, or the config. Whole deal is, this was supposedly a script to install and get nginx working, and as it seems, 60% of users with multiple IP's and a shared host are reporting issues like mine. (not able to bind, etc)

> The server went offline and needed a reboot not
> because a userland
> application misbehaved, but there is a problem at
> the kernel level which
> isn't normally exposed.

Your blaming this on CentOS? CentOS works fine. Always has.

> Why not debug the httpd.conf and or post more
> meaningful details - Like
> a pastie of the config or some way for others to
> reproduce it?  I can't
> help directly, but I hope this helps get you on
> track to get help..

If nginx had told me there were errors in the config, maybe I would debug it. Because it says each error (ignored) and NginX staff have told others they can ignore it, shouldn't I ignore those errors? Which config would you like to see? The 30+ vhost files that nginx made? or the httpd.conf from apache? Either way it is kind of an insane request to have such private, sensitive configuration data posted for the whole WWW to see....

Especially asking a webhost to do so... If you want this kind of information, I could email it to you, or I can get you access to the server. The forum really should have a PM system, which would save me having to email you, but of course it doesnt :)

NginX worked before, it should work again...

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,183858,183994#msg-183994