error_page

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Mon Mar 28 21:55:52 MSD 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 11:16:00PM +1100, SplitIce wrote:

Hi there,

> I just noticed that the error_page directive strips post data... I thought a
> patch was submitted for this years ago?

As currently implemented, if the error_page value starts with a /,
then the internal request for it is a GET (or HEAD).

The post_data is provided as part of the request, but the receiving side
probably won't do much useful with it.

If the error_page value starts with a @, the internal request matches
the original one.

(Any other error_page value results no internal request, which is
probably not what you want.)

> Any chance of getting this patched? Us people using dynamic sites where we
> use internal redirects like: /index.php?page=$uri
> would apreciate it.

As per http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpCoreModule#error_page, you might find
that something like

  error_page 404 = @index;
  location @index {
    include fastcgi_params;
    fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root/index.php;
    fastcgi_pass  unix:php.sock;
  }

does, or can be adapted to do, what you want. But test all the cases
you care about before deploying ;-)

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org