HTTPLimitRequest Module: Whitelisting IPs

R1CH nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Mar 31 01:42:36 MSD 2011

Were you able to figure out a way to do this? I am in the same
situation, I would like to whitelist internal IPs as well as some bots.
Our limit_req is in the same block as a fastcgi backend, so all requests
that hit fastcgi go through this block. I tried the if ($condition)
{limit_req} but this wasn't allowed by nginx.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,185127,187001#msg-187001