server_name for https

Cedric Jeanneret cedric.jeanneret at camptocamp.com
Mon May 9 11:06:27 MSD 2011

On Mon, 9 May 2011 14:18:09 +0800
Jeff Pang <jeffrpang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since HTTPS doesn't support vhost, shall we have the need to put the
> server_name command in the server section? for example,
>
>          server {
>                 listen       443;
>                 server_name  xxx.example.com;
>          }
>
> Thanks.

o_O since when does HTTPS not support vhosts ?

the only problem is when having multiple SSL vhosts on the same IP - the certificate has to cover all those vhosts.

To answer your question, you shall provide:
server_name $_;

it's the default vhost

Cheers,

C.

--
Cédric Jeanneret                 |  System Administrator
021 619 10 32                    |  Camptocamp SA